PARENT PERMISSION AND RELEASE FORM
for HIGH SCHOOL “BIGS”
I (parent/guardian) give permission for my child to participate as a High School Big. I understand that the minimum time they will be volunteering is two semesters, and that they will spend one class period in this class: two days per week at the mentee’s school (elementary or middle school), and one day per week in Laurel High School’s auditorium (with blocked scheduling). I understand that their involvement in the BBBS program will be under the guidance of the BBBS Staff.
I further understand that:
● Transportation is the responsibility of my child.
● If my child is going to be absent from school for any reason, they will have to notify the mentee’s school and be excused by Laurel High School in order to be excused from class. Failure to do so will negatively affect my child’s grade.
● My child will receive a letter grade for participating in this class. I am aware that my child will have to complete quarter projects and match support (written or verbal check in with BBBS staff about their matches). I am also aware that my child may receive a grade of F for failing to complete the requirements of the course.
● I give BBBS of Yellowstone County permission to obtain social and academic information about my child (e.g. report cards, behavior reports, attendance records) from the school (this information will be used for program evaluation outcomes, grant purposes, and to determine whether our program is a good fit for your child).
● I give permission to Big Brothers Big Sisters to share basic information about my child with their mentee’s parent (such as name, high school, year in school).
I feel this is a good opportunity for my child and fully support and recommend their involvement with the program. Please accept this permission form as a positive reference for my child to participate in this program.
I HEREBY GIVE Big Brothers Big Sisters, their assigns, licenses and legal representatives the irrevocable right to use my child’s name, picture, photograph, portrait, visual likeness, or voice in all forms and media in all manners, including photo, film, audio and video representations, for non-profit, public purposes, and I hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product that may be created in connection therewith. I have read the release, and am fully familiar with its contents.